omowun-me

My photo
Secret Place of the Most High, Kingdom
Learned Student, Honest.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

WWJD

So I went to this department store and bought a few (a lot of) items. The store was officially closed and they were trying to get the last stragglers out. She said my total but something didn’t seem right with the amount. It looked like she didn’t charge me for something. I tried to do the math in my head real fast but she was directing me to swipe my card. I got home and double checked everything against the receipt and realized she didn’t charge me for a dress I received.

I brought the dress back on the next available day that I could and this is how part of the conversation went:

Sales Associate: Oh you’re bringing it back . . . but you still want it?
Me: Yeah I still want it, I just came to pay for it.
SA: Oh most people, well the average person wouldn’t do that?
Me: I’m not average. (smile)
SA: Oh, so why did you do it?
Me: Because that’s what Jesus would do?
SA: Huh? Because that’s what you’re supposed to do?
Me: Because that’s what Jesus would do.
SA: …oh……***
SA: can I have your telephone number?
Me: Is it okay if I don’t give it out? I don’t like to give it out.
SA: Yeah, but Jesus would give it out, Jesus would give me His phone number.
Me: Jesus wouldn’t have to, you can call on him anytime anywhere.
[laughter and smiles]

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...