omowun-me

My photo
Secret Place of the Most High, Kingdom
Learned Student, Honest.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

. . . two highlights from today

The church I went to today celebrates the couple when either spouse has a birthday. The couple comes up together and then they dance to the middle, for a minute. (interesting) Then the birthday celebrant stands while their spouse gives a testimony-type toast on their behalf.

So today the husband says some sweet things like “from now on your new nickname is Iya Beiji (mother of twins) because I know God is going to give us the twins that he promised us.” “I’m so glad we’re on this journey together.” Etc. etc. Aww. Okay but the real awww was the ending.

“If you live to be 100 years, I pray that I live to be 100 minus 1 because I don’t want to be without you.”

This statement works if they are the same age, (and besides the fact that this would make her a widow to mourn his home going while he is enjoying in Heaven, (just saying)) but we get the point.. . . awwwwww. *brownie points.* Maybe the twins will come sooner than we think.  On a side note, they looked so young!

Another side note:

You know a Nigerian woman is giving a testimony when she uses the phrase “dirty slap.”

During her testimony she says “I sent my son to Wal-mart and this white boy came out of nowhere and gave my son a dirty slap *** And so I want to thank God for safety.” End quote. I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...