omowun-me

My photo
Secret Place of the Most High, Kingdom
Learned Student, Honest.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Year of Jubilee!!!!

Happy July 15th world! What a lovely day! Oh happy day! Today is the day I entered this world, 26 years ago, whew. Praise the LORD with me somebody!

Something you probably don’t know about me: I was due on July 7th. The Lord and I just decided to wait a week and a day longer. It would just be best for all interested parties. Thanks for the extended stay, rent free, mom!

I remember every single birthday since I was 4, maybe even my 3rd, if I see a picture. Actually, as I’m typing I’m really trying to remember July 15th, 1988. It will come to me, I’m sure. :)

Summer birthdays are unique in that, although they are typically not celebrated with school mates, since we’re usually not in school, at the time. However, we summer birth-daters have more freedom to celebrate as we want and where we want as we get more seasoned. ;-) For the most part, I've grown accustomed to marking it with family and my Nigerian community, which is basically: family.

Over the years, when I could make my own decisions, I was not the plan-a-big-celebration every year kind of girl.  Oddly enough, I’ve happened to plan something for my birthday the last three years. I definitely cherish those memories, which still seem very recent. Life really is a vapor. (I'll eventually create a scrapbook of the pictures, one of these days.)

Because of that trend, it could seem logical that an even grander celebration is expected (or not). This year, I have nothing birthday-party-wise planned. Nonetheless, I’m sure this one will be quite memorable too, just in a different way.

Why? Because: This is my Year of Jubilee!!!!!! This is my season of Jubilee!!!!!!!!!


I took it old school with the homie Ron. But, I will have a new song, a new dance. Amen!

Sing with me. Dance with me. ohhhh-ohhhhhh-oohhhhh...ooohhhhh

"Let a new song arise before the Holy, before the Beauty."  I was there, by the way: Onething 2010 – fabulous.


If you would be so kind, please pray this for and with me:
"The Spirit of the LORD is upon me, for He has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the LORD’s favor has come." Luke 4:18-19. Liberty. Restoration. Justice.

These are the words of Christ and I believe that because the Son of Man says we will do "greater works than these,” [the Son’s works - John 14:12] this prophecy also applies to me and you, as the speaker and the recipient.

Happy July 15th to me and to you! Happy Jubilee!

This is my season of Jubilee. Praise the LORD!!!!!!!!!! Bless the LORD with me, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...