omowun-me

My photo
Secret Place of the Most High, Kingdom
Learned Student, Honest.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A purpose driven life = a life fulfilled

What a week... Church, Market, Bowling Alley, Nursing home, Illinois Department of Corrections, Courthouse, Community Service Kickoff, International Potluck, Celebrations oh yeah and school...

Monday went to see my grandfather, before heading back to school, and now the end of the week, his junior brother has been laid to rest in Odogbolu, Ogun, next to my great grandmother.

From his youngest son, my cousin JO.

A great man...a loving father, a wonderful, gifted and brilliant doctor, dermatologist, and venereologist...someone who stood for integrity, hard work, and perfection...may I be half if not all that u were...loved u, love u, and will always love u dad..rest in peace.....

There is a time for everything and it is time to celebrate my granduncle. A great man indeed. Love always, Funmi. A life fulfilled.

For me to live is Christ - Paul


If my time to go back comes before Christ comes back I want you to know that I love you. We do not say that a lot or enough in our affection-lacking-culture. We just assume the other people in our lives know. But people come and go at different times and then people think "I wish I told X, xyz,"  when that person has been called back.

Heard on the radio though, "when someone tells you 'I love you,' you should ask 'what do you mean by that?'" It could have different in-depth meanings depending on the recipient. If you really want to know you can ask me =). But generally, just know that I love you with the love of the Lord and want what's best for you, as a friend God has placed in my life.

So I just encourage you to break away from that culture and tell people how you feel about them often.

At the same time, make sure you are doing your part daily to fulfill your destiny and purpose.


I got this from my friend, JW's status and would like to share: 

My favorite store is in Nazareth, My clothes are in Nazareth, My food is in Nazareth, my car is in Nazareth, My books are in Nazareth. My COMFORT is in Nazareth. All I know, is in Nazareth. In order to fulfill scripture, I have to leave Nazareth. My destiny is in Bethlehem, but my comfort zone is in Nazareth. I have to leave Nazareth and go to Bethlehem I have to.

Bethlehem or bust. Let's go!

Lastly, if God has placed someone anyone in your life, it is your duty to at least plant a seed in their life so that when they are called back you know you did your part with them. Reinforced by my Gma.

I don't think I'll be going anywhere for a while though. I'm still learning and a work in progress. Moreover, I've still got business to do. My Father's business. I mustn't leave until it's finished.

Then I'd have lived my life to the fullest.

1 comment:

  1. Say that Chris. People need to wake up, we've been asleep too long. It's time to wake up, it's time.

    ~JW

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...