omowun-me

My photo
Secret Place of the Most High, Kingdom
Learned Student, Honest.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

decisions

I have some decisions to make, and they are probably the hardest decisions I have had to make in my life to date. For the most part, all other decisions followed the normal course of life: school, summer, school, summer and more school.

Now the seasons are changing and I need to dress up accordingly. I’ve come to a fork in the road and the decision could be as easy as picking what to wear. But even then, I remember, once in a while, dressing up from head to ankle, and wearing two different pairs of shoes, one on each foot. Then, I would ask my mom which one she liked better. Sometimes she would cooperate with the triviality of it and pick one. Sometimes she would respond with “see you have too many, if you just had one pair this wouldn’t be an issue.” And other times, she would just say disqualify herself from answering, at times noting that she doesn’t know what’s in style for my generation.

I could see the silliness of it and for the most part I knew which pair I wanted to wear. Sometimes we just look for confirmation in others. It helps to have that extra root of support. The support gives assurance that we’re doing the "right" thing.

So here I am, dressing up for this season. I need to make a decision and trust.

-C. C. Faith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...