omowun-me

My photo
Secret Place of the Most High, Kingdom
Learned Student, Honest.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June is...

June is the president-instituted (Clinton and Obama) designated month for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Pride and celebration.

The Friday before I hit the road to drive down here, May 13th, a few friends and I were having a discussion. One friend brought to our attention that, the once thought of as conservative sect of Christianity: Presbyterian Church United States of America (PCUSA) is now the fourth Protestant denomination to allow the ordination of gay and lesbian clergy as of May 10th.

I am guilty of this: tip toeing around the subject. I worked with and went to school with people who are very open about this and therefore struggling with this bondage.Whenever I learn that someone is committing themselves to that lifestyle, I accept them but I do not question them about it. Moreover, I don’t necessarily commit them to prayer for the Lord to take them out of it. I pretty much tip toe around that and the elephant in the room eventually becomes a painting on the wall.

Organizations would promote Days of Silence and pass out rainbow ribbons. Of course, I don't support hate crimes but my stance was not taking the rainbow ribbon or in anyway promoting the rainbow symbol. The symbol intended for Noah, I was now refusing to wear.

Some Christians condemn this specific sin with a self-righteous or judgmental spirit. It is as if one sin is greater than another, as if a person identifying themselves by that orientation is living in greater sin than the next person.

During the intercession sets on Tuesday, we prayed for the LGBT community.

In the morning, we prayed that they would be released from their captivity and experience the freedom that the LORD brings.

During the All-Staff intercession the prayer leader called a Rapid Fire on this point of intercession. Rapid Fire is when the prayer leader calls asks for people to come up to say a prayer, at the altar, on the microphone for about 10 to 30 seconds. The prayer is related to the topic of intercession.

Then the worship leader of the all-staff intercession set asked us all to break off into small groups to lift this in prayer.

We prayed all across the board on this issue. We prayed for people who believe they are born that way and therefore must engage in this practice. There are people in lifestyle only because of hurt and pain from past relationships from parental figures or former significant others. There is homosexuality in the church and it’s being covered up. There are people who are dealing with this issue silently as well with few or no one to turn to. We must cry out to our Judge for this must end.

The room became really hot really soon.

We need to continue praying for them or start if we have not. Pray that they would know the Father’s love, and that in Him they would find their true identity. Pray that they would be directed to loving Christians holding steadfast to the second commandment; to love one another as the Lord loves us.
Pray that they would come into the Lords house with open arms. Pray that they would have joy in his House.

We take back the rainbow as the reminder of the Noahic covenant:
 And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come. I have set MY RAINBOW in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth. So God said to Noah, “THIS is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth.” Genesis 9:8-17

What a powerful intercession! Keep praying. Testimonies have come, testimonies are coming, I know of another one already!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...