omowun-me

My photo
Secret Place of the Most High, Kingdom
Learned Student, Honest.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Temporary Abode

I’ve witnessed some "interesting" things in my current setting. Some have the potential to be offensive and some actually are offensive. But the way I deal with it is by telling myself:
"This is only a temporary abode. I’m only here for a few more weeks. I won’t let something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things affect me. I’m a sojourner, 'a pilgrim just passing through.'"

Role Play Ideally
A Child of God/bride of Christ with different strokes: Offensive statement or action. 
Same Child of God/bride of Christ: Silence or Apology 
Me: Silence or correction.
Me: Forgiven.

It’s just that simple.

I’m trying to transfer the temporary abode mentality I've adopted here, to the way I approach every day, since this earth is our temporary abode. Any offense I experience from anyone is truly insignificant in the grand scheme of things; the ages to come.

You’ve probably seen that high school senior/college freshman facebook philosophy: "Forgive but never forget," usually after they’ve been hurt, oftentimes by a repeat offender. If you’re like me you remember almost (~99.9%) everything. It comes in handy in an organizational setting, but when trying to be Christ-like mmm not so much – I’m working on it ;-)

Still, for the most part, the most part being my entire existence, anything that anyone has accused me of or offended me with cannot be as offensive or more offensive than what I could be guilty of at the judgment seat; including my thoughts, for as a man thinketh in his heart so is he.

But God’s mercies, makes it so simple.

At any time, I can come boldly before the Throne of Grace and ask for His mercy and, I’m forgiven. It’s just that simple.

  • "Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us."
  • "Forgive us our trespasses while or to the same extent, we forgive those who trespass against us." (yikes!)

That simple sentence is embedded in the prayer teaching us how to pray. It is a prayer some of us have prayed before we could read. This very sentence, in this very prayer, needs to become my reality, all the time. And I will admit, it's not my reality, all the time. With the temporary abode mentality it ought to be just that simple. These offenses will not matter in eternity, but the way I respond to it now will matter.
"This is only a temporary abode. I’m only here for X years. I won’t let something so insignificant in the grand scheme of things affect me. I’m a sojourner, 'a pilgrim just passing through.'" Olorun s'anu mi (and help me).
 "We now confess, that we are just pilgrims,
just passing through, seeking a homeland, 
come from above, a heavenly country, 
Not made with hands, whose builder is the LORD." - Tolu Akande

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...