omowun-me

My photo
Secret Place of the Most High, Kingdom
Learned Student, Honest.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

prayer for African youth and young adults

Yesterday, at the all-staff intercession, we prayed for the gift of spiritual hunger with Psalm 42 verses 1, 2 and 7 as our reference.
(1) As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
(2) My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
(7) Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me.
I specifically prayed for my African Christian Fellowship brethren and called them out by name. I also prayed this prayer for relatives, friends, and the youth and young adult groups at Jesus House Chicago and within the Redeemed Christian Church of God.

Please pray this prayer with me, as often as you remember:

LORD please awaken our hearts, the hearts of African youth and young adults. Give us the desire to want to know You more. Give us the gift of spiritual hunger. Stir up a spiritual hunger within us, a longing, a thirst in our hearts. Just as the deer pants for the water brook, let us thirst and long for the Living Water and hunger for the Bread of Life. Lord give us the thirst and hunger that only You can satisfy. Deep calls out to deep.

“You are the Lover, You never run dry. You are the Lover, only You can satisfy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...